Yokomo YZ-870c Super Dog Fighter
Pre-order for this item is now closed.
Expected to arrive mid to end of December 2023
Product Code: YZ-870c
The upcoming re-release of late 1980’s ‘Super Dog Fighter’ 1:10 4WD Buggy is coming in December!
If you are a long-time RC car user, you may be familiar with the ‘Super Dog Fighter’ kit which became the foundation of modern racing off-road cars. It not only had a great record in Japan but also in world-class races, and is known for having fans all over the world. There have been many requests from passionate fans for a long time, and commercialization has been considered many times, but now the reprint has finally been realized. However, there are no resin part molds left from that time, and the design is based on measurements of existing machines, and the current release date is scheduled for December 2023.
Although new parts have been remade, the settings have been made to recreate the atmosphere of the time as much as possible. In order to be able to drive with current power sources, it will be equipped with a gear differential, slipper clutch, Lipo battery, etc., but it will also have a slot for a Sub-C size battery, natural-colored resin parts, and aluminum die-cast front and rear parts. The bulkhead, hard-anodized aluminum shocks, and other features give you the feel of the time.
The wheels and tires used at the time were 1.9 inches, but by replacing the wheel hub with an optional part, the current 2.2-inch wheels and tires can be installed. We also plan to sell some optional parts, and even though it is a reprinted version, it will be fun to drive.
- Product Package: Highly reproducible packaging reminiscent of products sold in 1987.
- Main Chassis: FRP main chassis has a battery slot that can accommodate sub-C size batteries, as well as thick/thin short lipo batteries.
- Suspension Arm and Knuckle: The suspension arm is the same size as the original, and the front and rear common knuckles are reproduced as they are made of aluminum.
- Bulkhead: The aluminum bulkhead faithfully reproduces the model at the time. The bulkhead cap and rod end are also milky white, reproducing the original.
- Body/Under Cowl/Wing: The body, under cowl, and rear wing also completely reproduce the original form.
- Shock Towers: The original FRP front and rear shock towers are also reproduced as they are.
- Differential Gear/Main Gear: Front and rear gear differentials and slipper clutch are standard equipment to accommodate the current power source.
- Shocks: Reproduces the original alumite color, has been renewed and has an adjustable nut system that allows for wide capacity settings.
- Tire/Foil: The tire pattern, wheel color and size are reproduced with the original dimensions.