Schumacher Cougar LD2 - Stock Spec - Kit
Product Code: K191
The Cougar LD2 is the ultimate buggy for 2WD off road racing. It is fast, light, and now features an even lower centre of gravity for improved cornering speed.
It is a very versatile platform, with outstanding performance on a wide range of grip levels, from carpet to astro to dirt. The LD2 has been designed to be easy to drive and user friendly for the most enjoyable racing experience.
It is backed by Schumacher’s world class international racing team who will put the LD2 at the top of the podium all over the world.
- NEW - Class leading front suspension geometry with durable components and a range of optional alloy parts, offering more adjustments to set up your LD2 for all track conditions.
- NEW - Front end, enables zero and minus five wheelbase lengths, without the need of an additional chassis.
- NEW - 2.5mm aluminum chassis, with sensor lead wiring channels.
- NEW - 90° phased lightweight steel CVD driveshafts.
- NEW - Easy access battery fitting system with multiple fitting options.
- NEW - Low drop wing mount.
- Compact steering system for improved in-line weight placement, with adjustable and dynamic Ackerman.
- Front 5 deg yokes with adjustable roll Centre heights.
- Triple position equipment mounting plate.
- ‘Gull Wing’ wishbones with anti-roll bar option.
- Durable, lightweight, ball mounted, two-piece shock cap with bleed screw.
- Front camber captive ball joints.
- 12mm Hex Wheels with industry standard offset.
- Strong front steering hub, with fine ‘Kwik Klip’ adjustment.
- Big bore shocks with big bore “CORE” springs. Threaded collars and twin O-ring sealing.
- Shock seal pack housing with 'O' ring sealing to prevent loosening.
- Lightweight lower spring retaining cup.
- Threaded spring collars, for better location and adjustment.
- Screw Piston Fixing, with titanium nitride shafts, for easy build, precision and durability.
- Optional rear shock location in front or behind the wishbones, standard in the kit.
- Front shock tower cover to protect your car and the track.
- Rear transmission mounted pivot strap. Increased chassis clearance.
- Adjustable rear roll centres, inboard toe-in and anti-squat.
- Durable, specially formulated composite "S2" material 4mm shock tower mounts.
- Cable management system.
- Specially formulated composite molded side pods for advanced chassis stiffness tuning.
- Lightweight, twin pad 80t slipper clutch with ultra-fine adjustment spring.
- Easy access transmission system. For quick diff access and maintenance.
- 23 super precision ball bearings.
- Spur Gear Shield.
- 3 gear, low Centre of gravity sealed gearbox, with CNC machined idler.
- Small, low rotating mass transmission. Including gear differential. With 3 position height adjustment, to adjust for driveshaft plunge and mixed track conditions.
- Optional ball diff available.
The Cougar LD2 STOCK SPEC has the following differences to the standard MOD car.
• Carbon Filled Transmission Housings.
• Slipper Lockout Assembly.
• Carbon Fibre Chassis.
• Alloy Layshaft.
• Carbon Fibre Motor Plate.
• Ultra-Light Bodyshell.